Sunday, September 16, 2007

Thinking aloud...

  • Deleting posts - possible to do through the Edit posts tab, ours and anyones.
  • I can't see anything which would push posts with comments to the top of the blog, I guess that makes sense because the blogs I've seen are chronological records generally for one person - they won't particularly want a post to keep moving to the top.
  • BUT, can we use the labels thing as a way of sorting a channel out ? E.g. if I were to start a post for a Clean Sweep challenge I could give it two labels: clean and challenge then people could use the side tabs (is that what they're called?) to narrow down their search for a particular post. If old challenges were deleted regularly there would be a really limited number of posts.
  • This is going to need quite a lot of input from us to monitor, keep up to date and be sure we post the starter for things like the daily challenges. Unless anyone can start a post which I guess they can't unless we invite them to be an author and I think that's just not feasible (or sensible!)
  • It is going to be hard to explain 'how to' to people new to blogging. Yes, I know I declared myself totally ignorant of them and I know I'm 'figuring this out' on my own right now but I'm usually pretty good at picking things up - this is hard!

I'm going to post this over at OH too to see if anyone has any input.

No comments: